WHAT IS FOCALIN?
Focalin also known as dexmethylphenidate is a mild stimulant to the central nervous system. It affects chemicals in the brain that contribute to hyperactivity and impulse control. Focalin is used to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Focalin may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication.
Dexmethylphenidate is used as a treatment for, usually along with psychological, educational, behavioral or other forms of treatment. It is proposed that stimulants help ameliorate the symptoms of ADHD by making it easier for the user to concentrate, avoid distraction, and control behavior. Placebo-controlled trials have shown that once-daily dexmethylphenidate XR was effective and generally well tolerated. Improvements in ADHD symptoms in children were significantly greater for dexmethylphenidate XR versus placebo.
This medication is use to treating attention deficit hyperactivity disorder – ADHD. It works by changing the amounts of certain natural substances in the brain. Dexmethylphenidate belongs to a class of drugs known as stimulants. It can help increase your ability to pay attention, stay focused on an activity, and control behavior problems. It may also help you to organize your tasks and improve listening skills.
HOW TO USE FOCALIN
- Take this medication by mouth as directed by your doctor, usually twice a day with or without food. Take the first dose as soon as you wake up in the morning and the second dose at least 4 hours later, or take as directed by your doctor. Taking this medication late in the day may cause trouble sleeping (insomnia).
- The dosage is based on your medical condition and response to treatment. Your doctor may direct you to gradually increase or decrease your dose. Also, if you have used it for a long time, do not suddenly stop using this drug without consulting your doctor. The total daily dose is usually 20 milligrams or less. Carefully follow your doctor’s instructions.
- Methylphenidate and dexmethylphenidate are different medications and do not provide the same amount of medicine. Do not switch between products unless your doctor tells you to.
- Take this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same times each day.
- This medication may cause withdrawal reactions, especially if it has been used regularly for a long time or in high doses. In such cases, withdrawal symptoms (such as depression, suicidal thoughts, or other mental/mood changes) may occur if you suddenly stop using this medication. To prevent withdrawal reactions, your doctor may reduce your dose gradually.
You may notice some of the following side effects from using this drug, which are:
- Trouble sleeping
- stomach pain
- loss of appetite
- weight loss or
- dizziness may occur.
If any of these effects persist or worsen, please contact your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
Before taking dexmethylphenidate,consult your doctor or pharmacist if you are allergic to it or if you have any other allergies. You could also get more info from your pharmacist.
Before usage of this drug, tell your doctor or pharmacist your medical history, especially of: high blood pressure, blood circulation problems, glaucoma, heart problems and just to name a few.
If you overdosed your self and have serious symptoms such as passing out or trouble breathing, call for the attention of your doctor. Symptoms of overdose may include:
- muscle twitching
- loss of consciousness.
NB: Do not share this drug with others. Sharing it is against the law.
There are no reviews yet.